- How do I retrieve full-text documents of electronic resources?
(1) Search Google or Baidu and find the relevant article. If the library has purchased the database containing the article, you can retrieve the full-text article since your IP will be automatically recognized;
(2) Using “SUSTech Search” located on the library homepage, users are able to search the library’s entire collection and access documents in this one-stop searching platform.
(3) On the library homepage, click on "Collections" and then "Databases" to find the database you need, click “Enter” to search and download.
(4) If you are not able to download the full-text article, please visit "Interlibrary Loan / Document Delivery" under “Service” on the library website to submit your document query. Our staff will download the full-text document and send it to you through email.
- How do I search patent documents?
Patent search and query system of State Intellectual Property Office of P.R.C:
Patent star search system: http://search.patentstar.cn/My/SmartQuery.aspx
Overseas patents: European Patent Register and national registers: https://worldwide.espacenet.com
The United States Patent and Trademark Office (USPTO) :https://www.uspto.gov/
WTO Intellectual Property Organization: http://www.wipo.gov/
Please refer to the website of China Patent Information (for overseas patents): http://www.patent.com.cn/
For full-text documents or more information of patents registered in China and in other countries, please apply through Interlibrary Loan / Document Delivery.
- What databases of dissertations have the library subscribed?
(1) Databases of dissertations published in China:
Wanfang database and CNKI.
(2) Databases of dissertations published overseas:
ProQuest Dissertations & Theses (PQDT) (full-text dissertation database).
If you cannot retrieve full-text dissertation through the above ways, please visit "Interlibrary Loan / Document Delivery" under “Service” on the library website to submit your document query.
The library will subscribe a certain amount of full-text theses from ProQuest Dissertations & Theses each new year. Patrons are welcomed to recommend by submitting Recommendation Form under "Service", or by emailing email@example.com, stating dissertation information (title, author, degree granting institutions) and name of your department, your contact information, reason of recommendation, etc.
- How do I obtain the document if I cannot find it in the library?
The library obtains documents (in electronic or in hard copy ) for you from academic libraries and other organizations at home and abroad. To apply for document delivery, please go to the library website, click on “Interlibrary Loan / Document Delivery” under “Service”, and send your document request according to the instruction.
- What is Interlibrary Loan / Document Delivery?
Interlibrary Loan (ILL) and Document Delivery refers to obtaining a document (a book, an article or some other material) from other libraries at the request of a patron when he/she cannot find it at our own library. Patrons can request for periodical articles, books, conference proceedings, theses, patents and standards of China or other countries.
Thanks to subsidies of the university, there is no charge for this service in most cases.
- How long does it take to receive documents by interlibrary loan?
SUSTech library will send document request on the date receiving the application of document delivery. How soon the document arrives at our library is determined by the other library providing documents. Normally it takes longer for printed books to be delivered, depending on the response of the library, the fastest being within one week.