- What if I forget my password when I log in to “My Library”?
Click on "Forgot your password?", you will receive an email containing a link to reset the password, through which you can change your password.
- How many books can be borrowed for each reader? How long is the loan period?
You can borrow a maximum of 20 items. Loan period for each item is 30 days.
- Can I still borrow books if I have overdue items?
When overdue fines are less than 10 yuan, patron's borrowing privilege will not be suspended. Patron’s borrowing privilege will be automatically suspended only when the overdue fines accrue to 10 yuan.
- What books are available for loan?
General books are available for loan except reference works and journals, including bound ones.
- Why are journals no longer available for loan?
There are two reasons: (1) to ensure the continuity of newspapers and journals inside the library; (2) To ensure that most users have access to all newspapers and journals inside the library since there is only one copy for them.
- Is the library open during the summer/winter vacations? Will the due date of checked-out books be extended during vacations?
The library is open except national holidays. For summer/winter vacations, the library is open and the opening hours will be pre-announced before the vacation begins. Library will extend the loan period to the new semester which will be pre-announced.
- How to borrow books from other libraries (University Town Library of Shenzhen, public libraries in Shenzhen and other university libraries)?
(1) University Town Library of Shenzhen (UTLS)
SUSTech library users can go to the Service Desk of SUSTech library to apply for Patron's Card of UTLS. Service hours: 8:30-17:30, Monday to Friday.
Using Patron’s Card of UTLS, patrons can request items online on the website of UTLS by clicking on "Print Collection" to borrow books in advance (only for books in the borrow-in-advance stack). When the items arrive at our library, users can go to the Service Desk of SUSTech library to check out the items by presenting the SMS and Patron’s Card of UTLS, and return them at the Service Desk. Service hours: 8:30-17:30, Monday to Sunday.
(2) Public libraries in Shenzhen
Using Patron’s Card of UTLS, patrons can request items online on the website of UTLS by clicking on "Print Collection" to borrow books from public libraries in Shenzhen. When the items arrive at our library, users can check out the items with the Patron’s Card of UTLS, and return them via the machine of “Self-Service Library in streets of the city” located on the open floor of Residential Colleges #5.
(3) Other university libraries
If you need to borrow books from other university libraries, please apply for "Interlibrary Loan / Document Delivery", our library staff will notify via phone or email the place and time to collect the items when they arrive.
Tips: For books borrowed from other libraries, please comply with their relevant regulations concerning loan periods, overdue fines, compensation for book damage and loss, etc.