- Database Introduction
Global Plants, the largest database of plant specimens in the world. These specimens have been compiled and digitized through collaborations with 300 herbaria around the globe, are critical to research in botany, plant science, and a range of other fields. JSTOR Global Plants provides access to more than 2 million plant type specimens, plus primary source content charting voyages and expeditions, as well as important field books, scientific correspondence, and more. The database contains specimens and content necessary for researchers not only in botany and the plant sciences, but also in conservation, biodiversity, and more. And, because plants play a fundamental role in the development and health of ecosystems, the specimens and their metadata provide important information to researchers by showing where plants lived in the past, where they live now, and the larger ecosystems they were part of.
- Responsible Librarian
- Yu Wang (+86-755-88010809,firstname.lastname@example.org)
- 1. Any downloading of library-subscribed electronic resources by software or tool is prohibited.
2. Any systematically over-downloading of full-text documents from library-subscribed databases is prohibited.
3. Use of proxy server or providing VPN account to unauthorized users is prohibited.
4. Without the prior permission of the library, redistributing library-subscribed resources in bulk to unauthorized users or via proxy server is prohibited.
5. Violators of the above rules will be punished based on results of thorough investigation.