- Database Introduction
Global Plants, the largest database of plant specimens in the world. These specimens have been compiled and digitized through collaborations with 300 herbaria around the globe, are critical to research in botany, plant science, and a range of other fields. JSTOR Global Plants provides access to more than 2 million plant type specimens, plus primary source content charting voyages and expeditions, as well as important field books, scientific correspondence, and more. The database contains specimens and content necessary for researchers not only in botany and the plant sciences, but also in conservation, biodiversity, and more. And, because plants play a fundamental role in the development and health of ecosystems, the specimens and their metadata provide important information to researchers by showing where plants lived in the past, where they live now, and the larger ecosystems they were part of.
- Responsible Librarian
- Yu Wang (+86-755-88010809,email@example.com)
- Copyright Notice
- 1. Any downloading of the library-subscribed electronic resources by network downloading software tools is prohibited.
2. Any systematically over-downloading of full-text documents from library-subscribed databases is prohibited.
3. Any redistributing electronic literatures to informal users and any use of these electronic literatures for the purpose of making profits are prohibited.
4. Without the prior permission of the library, neither organization nor individual has the right to provide informal users to access the library-subscribed electronic resources via proxy server.
5. If there is any violation of the above rules, the library will make a detailed investigation. The violator will be punished.